Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Add another blessing

Today is the day for our congregation's joint prayer service with the Lockhart Church of Christ. I preached about the significance of this opportunity during worship on Sunday. I got a good response from our community of faith. Most unexpected was the response of our CYF (high school youth fellowship). The youth group after worship focused on 1 Corinthians 12 . . . where Paul describes the church as a body. They talked at length about division and schism. In their conversation, they discerned an invitation from God to attend the prayer service as a group. I was caught wonderfully offguard by their intentions. It truly blessed me to see them open to God's leading and their willingness to embrace a worthy cause. They will kill me for saying this, but . . . "I'm likin' the way they roll!"

No comments: