Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The disintegration of something I held dear

I have been an avid sports fan. Growing up in the Minneapolis-St. Paul MN area, I have always loyally supported Minnesota teams. Lately, I have found it more and more difficult to support my teams (any teams for that matter) with any kind of enthusiasm. The most recent antics of Minnesota Viking wide receiver Randy Moss (walking off the field before the Washington game was concluded, his faux mooning of the Green Bay Packer fans) has really disappointed me in the team. Few people in the Viking organization are confronting him. They certainly don't have the guts to risk benching him in the playoffs, even though he is classless and arrogant. I'm grieving because I don't have a team I like or am proud of. Playing and following sports has been a pleasurable aspect of my life . . . that pleasure seems to be rapidly disintegrating.

No comments: