Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Things I'm surprised about myself

I was reflecting about my life the other day, and here were some things that surprised me. I'm surprised . . .

. . . I don't watch the Golf Channel more than I do.
. . . that I'm crankier than I had hoped.
. . . I like yogurt and cottage cheese.
. . . at how difficult it is to lose weight.
. . . that the computer, cell phone, and my PDA have become an integral part of life.
. . . that my best essays and preaching are developed without technology--long-hand, with legal pad and pen.
. . . how much I treasure silence and solitude.
. . . how much I treasure my great family and congregation.
. . . how lousy I am at showing my appreciation for both, especially family.

What surprises you about your life? Let's talk about it. See comment link below.

No comments: