Thursday, October 26, 2006

Top Chef, Season Two

I'm not a big reality show guy, but one that has captured my attention is Top Chef on Bravo. A dozen up-and-coming chefs compete for a number of prizes including $100,000 in seed money to start their own restaurant. They compete, naturally, by cooking through several challenges. I really enjoyed season one, and was expecting a let down for season two. I've been pleasantly surprised.

The second episode of season two has won me over. The competitors and judges worked through an ethical dilemna. I won't tell you exactly what went on because they are still playing the episode this week. See for yourself. I was impressed by how seriously both contestants and judges treated the dilemna and how they ultimately practiced accountability. I recommend the show, particularly if you are a foodie. Here's a link to the Top Chef website if you are interested in learning more.

No comments: